There are currently no active references in this article.
A native of the Caucasus, and a deciduous shrub about 3 ft high, of dense, erect habit, and with very slender, quite glabrous, leafy shoots, the terminal portions of which die back in winter. Leaves set about 1⁄4 in. apart on the shoots, ovate, 1⁄3 to 3⁄4 in. long, about half as wide, rounded at the base, blunt at the apex; quite glabrous, and with thickened, entire margins; dull green. Flowers 1⁄4 in. across, on thread-like stalks 1⁄2 to 5⁄8 in. long, produced successively along the young shoots throughout the summer and early autumn. Fruit pale brown, 1⁄4 in. across. Introduced to Kew, in 1900, from the Botanic Garden of Tiflis, but probably cultivated long previously.